Thursday 1 March 2018

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's father turns 86!

Leave a Comment

Award winning author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie celebrated her father at 86 today March 1st, 2018. In a post on Facebook, she had the following to say:

Daddy,
I thank you
For teaching me integrity by example.
For your simple sense of contentment in life, which always put in perspective what truly matters.
For your many stories, which created for me a sense of my history, a firm sense of myself.
For your solid, calm steadiness.
For always believing that I could.
For your humour, for all the family meals enshrined in laughter.
For your wisdom, your Igbo proverbs, your lucid eye.
For your kindness, so sparkling, so true.
I could not be more grateful for the gift that you are in my life.
For the gift that you are to all six of us, your children.
Uwa m uwa ozo, I ga-abu nna m.
Happy 86th Birthday. God Keep You.

We join her to say Happy birthdate celebration
If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment